‘R4R’ for Spiritual Topic Writers
A few months back I came across a story that has since mysteriously disappeared that gave writers a chance to support other writers. Medium’s Partner Program is a nice incentive but the only way for writers to earn is by having people read their stories. Views from members also up the ante. The person that was in charge of the ‘Read 4 Read’ would list 10 stories in each of her lists, and everybody on the list would agree to read the stories, clap, and interact by leaving a comment that would show the viewer actually read the story.
I enjoyed this because although there was a set of rules, it didn’t feel forced like some of the other engagement methods across all of the social platforms out there. The only thing that kind of bothered me with these lists was that she would not list any of my astrology or tarot blogs. She would go back and find stories I wrote about writing on Medium, and honestly, we see enough of that. Those were just stories with me testing out different niches on here anyways, I really would have preferred to see my spiritual stories end up on the list. I appreciated the gesture but I push my spiritual stories more because they are tied to my business, SunshinehazeCo.
2022 Numerology, 6 Universal Year: Regeneration, Responsibility, & Relationships
Each year, the numerical breakdown provides insight into the types of energies that the collective will experience for…
I don’t know what happened to that ‘Read 4 Read’ but I have seen a few others pop up over the past couple of months. I decided why not try my hand at it as well — but with a specific topic? So, with that being said, I’d like to invite you all to participate! If you write about topics that fall under the umbrella of the spiritual niche (tarot, astrology, holistic healing, numerology, self-love, etc.), this is the list you’ll want to join! I’d like to keep it simple and make it not feel like a job, so there are only a few simple guidelines to adhere to if you want to participate:
- Subscribe to me & show this story some love with a few claps. Since I’ll be doing the lists, I need some love too! This will also be a great way for you to stay up on the latest astrology transits and tarot readings.
- Read each story in the list from beginning to end. MPP uses a bunch of different tools for their stats. One thing I’ve learned in my time writing on here is that they do measure scroll time. Quickly scrolling through a story instead of reading through it actually hurts more than it helps — let’s lift each other up!
- Leave a comment that shows you actually read the story. Nobody likes fake engagement. I’m not going to be Facebook admin crazy but, if I notice you’re one of those people that leaves comments like “great writing,” or “thanks for sharing your ideas” instead of something meaningful, I will no longer add you to the lists.
- Give each story at least three claps. It’s no secret that people are more likely to read stories that they see other people enjoy. Also, stories with more engagement alert the algorithm(s) to start pushing them to more readers. Let’s make this work for us!
- Take Your Time. You don’t have to rush to read everything in one day, or even one week. Just make sure you read them at some point before I put out the next list, or circle back around to you.
- Subscribing is optional. I get that there might be some writers on the list(s) that just don’t have content or writing that you’re interested in, and that’s okay. I’m hoping this will be a way for people to find those blogs that they love.
This is a trial run, so I’m going to see how many people I get that want to participate. If there are enough (well, at least seven of you to start) people that are interested, I’ll keep it going. Each week I’ll make a list with a total of seven spiritual stories from seven different writers. I’ll keep pulling from the comment section so, if there aren’t a lot of you, at least you’ll end up on the list a few times! Those of you that are not listed are welcome to read and interact — I actually encourage it! I will go reference this story to create the lists, if you are interested leave a comment. Stories will be selected from your page based on topic and the date they were posted. I’ll also try my hardest to get you all some love on the stories that need a little more interaction as well.